Running Bunn has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday 17 October 2011

c25k 2:1

Tonight's run was pretty great! For week two you do 90 seconds of running followed by 120 seconds walking. After the first running interval I felt OK but was breathing pretty heavily.



Then came a bit of a breakthrough. Laura (the voice-over on the NHS podcasts) suggested breathing in for four strides and then out for four strides. At first I thought she was being ridiculous, no way could I breathe that slowly. I forced myself to control my breath through the runs and the walks.

It had the fabulous effect of slowing my breathing and quickening my pace. I felt fantastic through to the end of each running interval and was recovered half way through each two minute break! I needed a good run after last time. Can't wait until Wednesday now.

No comments:

Post a Comment