Running Bunn has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday 13 January 2012

Challenge Week

The ever-so-stylish Jess had what she calls a brainwave. I call it a moment of madness. She wants to do a series of week-long fitness challenges and I, stupidly, agreed to join in.
This is not mine or Jess' bum...

The first is to see if we can make time in our hectic lives to exercise for 30 minutes every day for a whole week. I've got to fit my 3½ hours in with:
  • 56 hours sleeping
  • 45 hours working
  • 10 ½ hours commuting
  • 2 hours showering
  • 20 hours playing with my kid
  • 6 hours eating
  • X hours doing anything but exercise
Perhaps that's the wrong attitude to take though? In my Good Housekeeping magazines (don't say it) there's a whole page on how you can save time on boring tasks to make time for fun stuff. So my ideas to fit it in are...

  • Walk/Jog home from work one evening - it shouldn't take any longer than the bus and it's FREE!
  • Get the kid to join in - dancing, roller-skating, cycling - they all count as exercise.
  • Skip the post session shower.
  • ^ ^ ^ Not really ;)
  • Get up early - I'm rubbish in the mornings, but if I can master this one I'll be away!
See, when you put it down on paper screen it doesn't look so hard, does it? My job is to come up with a pretty "Weekly Challenge" chart for us to fill in so we can chart our progress throughout the week.

Why not join in with us? The more the merrier! Feel free to post on your own blog and remember to leave a link here in the comments so we can see what you're up to.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously, I'm in!
    http://www.feelingstylish.co.uk/the-beginning-of-fitness-challenge-one/

    ReplyDelete