Running Bunn has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday 10 June 2012

Interval Schminterval



Tonight was the first interval run of my new training plan and wow, was it hard! I started out about a mile from home after feeding a friend's cat and took a scenic route home.

After a 5 minute (uphill) warm-up I had my first fast interval. One minute seems like such a long time when you're running fast, but I did it and as my watch beeped I slowed to an easy jog. Well, I say easy, I mean easier than running fast. The three minute slow interval was just enough to recover before another quick bit, at which point I really felt like I was settling into the run. Kiss of death. After the third fast interval I just could not keep running through the next three minutes so had a one minute walking break, 2 minutes jogging and then the next quick interval. That was exactly what I needed and I ran home for a 30 minute 2.83 mile run, dripping with sweat and thoroughly happy.

I can't believe I had actually looked forward to intervals. How naive I was! Intervals are hard work. It's as much a mental game as anything. I think with experience I'll be able to talk myself into running through the whole thing but I can tell you now, I am not looking forward to 1:2 intervals at all.

Why not become part of my street team over at Run Keeper? Keep up to date with all my runs and challenge me to races and goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment